Community Forum
ANVEL Licensing Options

PythonInterpreter.dll loading error

• When I try to load the PythonInterpreter.dll plugin I get the following error:

Cannot find module "Anvel" ( Initializing Python Interpreter )

Any idea's on how to fix this importing problem?

• @bdo25 said in PythonInterpreter.dll loading error:

When I try to load the PythonInterpreter.dll plugin I get the following error:

Cannot find module "Anvel" ( Initializing Python Interpreter )

Any idea's on how to fix this importing problem?

Hi bdo25,

Are you trying to use the File > Load Plugin... menu to load the PythonInterpreter.dll?

Alternatively, you can add the line:

<plugin file="../PythonInterpreter.dll"/> to your AnvelInit.xml <plugins> section, which should enable loading of the Python plugin every time you run ANVEL. See https://wiki.anvelsim.com/index.php/System_Init_File for more info on the AnvelInit.xml file.

Regards,
    The ANVEL Team

• Yes, I am using the File > Load Plugin... menu to try to load the plugin.

• @ANVEL-Team , just to complicate it more... bdo25 gets the same error on any computer he logs onto. BUT, anyone else can log on to those same machines and not get that error. It seems to be something related to HIS profile. Any ideas where to look?

• administrators

@johnmcginley said in PythonInterpreter.dll loading error:

@ANVEL-Team , just to complicate it more... bdo25 gets the same error on any computer he logs onto. BUT, anyone else can log on to those same machines and not get that error. It seems to be something related to HIS profile. Any ideas where to look?

Hi @bdo25 and @johnmcginley,

ANVEL stores user information in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Anvel which is user-specific on Windows. Try deleting that directory and restarting the application.

Regards,
    The ANVEL Team