Community Forum
ANVEL Licensing Options

ANVEL 3.0 and 3.5 Memory Leak

• Tested on QS_Hills using a Generic 4x4 following a path drawn through the course. No additional plugins loaded. ANVEL 3.0 and 3.5 slowly leaks memory.

Tested on a separate environment that uses OBJs for the terrain produced no memory leaks in ANVEL 3.0. Still untested in ANVEL 3.5.

• @jm,

Thanks for writing in about this. We'll check it out!

Regards,
    ANVEL Support

• @jm
    Can you provide additional information on how you tracked the memory leak, for example, the tools you used and the numbers you saw?

Thanks,
    ANVEL Support

• I used Window's Task Manager to monitor the memory usage of ANVEL. I first noticed it when I checked Task Manager after finding ANVEL had fallen far below real time after running for a day. At the time it had consumed all of the available 32 GB of RAM (~27GB). ANVEL started around 1.5 GB of RAM.

• @jm
    Thank you. ANVEL usually sticks to ~1-1.5 GB RAM. What you saw is a significant climb! What OS, GPU, and video driver were you using? Did you have any sensors in the simulation?

Thanks!

• OS = Windows 10 Pro
    GPU=Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
    Video Driver=390.65

No sensors were added to the vehicle and no custom plugins were loaded into ANVEL.

• @jm
    Good morning and Happy New Year!

We have been unable to reproduce this issue thus far.

Would you be able to provide us with additional details on your scenario? For example, was the testing initiated manually via the GUI or through an External API script? If there is a script involved, can you provide that to us?

Also, have you seen this issue again since you initially reported it?

Thank you,

ANVEL Support
    (Cathy)